Saturday, June 18, 2011
We are raising our glass to the dads of the world. We appreciate you.
There are so many things to thank you for today, the list is so long, there is no way we can cover every item, but we want to share our top 25 reasons we honor you on Father's Day:
1. You're a dad - it takes work and we respect that.
2. Making us learn how to change our oil and our tires.
3. Teaching us how to ride a bike and how to drive.
4. Being tough - even when we didn't like it.
5. Being the rock to lean on.
6. Every band-aid, hug, or pat on the back.
7. Taking us camping, fishing, surfing, and hiking.
8. Manning the grill when the rest of us were enjoying the BBQ.
9. Coaching Little League.
10. Working hard to provide.
11. Patience, even when we didn't deserve it.
12. Being a good example.
13. Instilling fear...sometimes we needed it.
14. No matter how old you are, you're still the same man that raised us.
15. Giving everything you could.
16. Taking care of us.
17. Waiting up at night until we were home safe.
18. Sitting in the bleachers in the heat, the rain, the snow and the cold.
19. Every bedtime story.
20. Memories that can never be topped or replaced.
21. Teaching us the difference between right and wrong.
22. Answering our calls every time there was a break down, break-up, or I'm broke.
23. Teaching us the value of money, time and family.
24. Never giving up on us.
25. Being there when we needed you, even when we said we didn't.
Old Guys Rule because of men like you. Thanks for everything. Happy Father's Day.
Thursday, June 09, 2011
A customer recently shared this post from Parade with us. It is an interview with the 3 actors in the TNT drama Men of a Certain Age. We’ve caught the show a couple of times and can definitely relate to the characters in the show, but based on the article we can relate to real men behind those characters even more.
When asked about how he felt about the passing of the years, 48 year old Andre Braugher responded, “Time only flows in one direction, as far as we know. You have to go with it, because these are the only times we've got. These are the good times. No, I do not look as good as I did at 26, but guess what? I'm not 26.“ Who couldn’t appreciate that? We certainly do; we’ve earned every wrinkle, every gray hair and we’re proud of it. We’ve lived and it shows. There is no shame in that. We are “Aged to Perfection” and we like it.
Our favorite part of the interview is the question, “ What’s the best part about this stage in life?” It made us think. For us the best part is when we can do what we love, whether it is spending time with friends or family, riding our bikes down the open road, surfing a wave…What do you think? What’s the best part for you?
Page 1 of 1 pages